Tuesday, September 05, 2006

OK. Now that I am at least able to write.

So the last blog blurb was done way past my bedtime.

Now that I have survived the weekend and am at least slightly more coherent, let's do a recap.

- Told everyone (those we wanted to know, but haven't told yet) about the engagement.
- Won free tickets to an excellent concert in October.
- It was my girlfriend's Birthday yesterday.
- I had (am still having) a nasty bout with tennis elbow--on both elbows.
- Experienced increased leg pain

Alright. Now for some further detail.

We told many people this past weekend about the engagement. The reaction? It was like they already knew. Many in fact, did already know. But some people seemed keen on that element already. Still, it was nice for people to actually see the pictures and the engagement ring.

I got an email from the INO Records street team administrator that said I won two tickets to MercyMe's concert in Anaheim in October. That's sweet! I already bought some upgraded seats anyway, but now this means that more people get to go. It's going to be awesome.

My fiancée and I had dinner at Humphrey's By The Bay yesterday and had two salmon specials. It was good, could use a little more salt, though. We celebrated her birthday together watching the sunset over the hill just past the private yacht dock. We also sort of celebrated her birthday in small episodes throughout the weekend, from the tiramisu at the british pub, small MySpace blurbs, and phone calls from friends and family. Again, if one day late in the ol"blog, Happy Birthday my shnookums. :)

So now we are over a week after the LAN party madness that was August 25-27, I am sitting, typing, with a Futuro Sport tennis elbow strap around one of my arms. Yes, I got tennis elbow in perhaps the least honorable way--not by actually participating in some agressive-good-for-you-sport, but by fragging away the whole weekend. Yep, and I got it bad. I couldn't put on or take off a shirt. I remember actually hunching over and sort of crying at Bible study last week. It was bad. Vicodin was barely doing its job.

Then, as the pain of the elbow began to very-slowly subside, I noticed some rapidly increasing stiffness in the knee. Then, to add to a weekend of walking in some flat sandals, swelling of the ankles. Am I beginning to become one of thoe obese motorized wheelchair bound 60-something's? I hope not.

Now...what did I forget while writing the original blog?

- Vault Zero goodness.

Yes, we discovered that Ralphs has a coupon for the Coke, Dr. Pepper, and various-not-interested-in-it brands. What I jokinly fantacized about with my fiancée, however, was, as my favorite soda--Vault Zero--was a Coke brand, wouldn't it be nice if Vault was included in the sale. Well, sure enough, it was. As we are finding that California seems to be in a Vault drought (making it that much harder to find the rarest of the rare, Vault Zero), we had to go to several Ralph's locations to acquire this magical elixir of flavor and energy--all for 5 calories per serving.

- Over 500 hours of recording Media Center space

In my life as a college student, I was not known to watch TV. Aside from the X-Files episodes (which I just bought several more seasons, thanks to Fry's), TV was simply a large, dark rectangular device which sat downstairs collecting dust. In recent years, however, thanks to a trusty laptop and Windows Media Center, I have been known to spend days watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and getting my fill of reality shows (which I still loathe, but cannot seem to stop watching). Well, I recently upgraded my system with a larger hard drive. I can now record the entire set of fall shows while I travel and see the world. Do some winter hibernating, then get up in the spring to begin watching all the shows I've missed (not to mention the shows that I begin to like, only to see them get canceled, ahem-NBC-ahem). Space is good.

- Taiko Drum Master

This game is SICK! Sick, in a good way. You essentially sit with a drum, hit it to the beat shown on screen, and the better you drum, the higher your score. Think Dance Dance Revolution meets drums. While my tennis elbow has forced me to refrain from going overboard with the whole thing, it proved itself to be remarkably addicting and allowed me to bounce around like I was in the band, Leeland. I totally looked like I could be a drummer. Unfortunately, I was holding the drumstick like it was a pen, and now have a blister on my middle finger covered in a Hello Kitty band-aid. Yes, I need to buy some more band-aids.

So that's about all the weekend recaps I can do for now. That's a ton of typing. I need to rest my little elbow.

Take care, folks.

technorati tags:, , , , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home