Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Broken Cake

My weekend report is coming in quite late this week. It's Tuesday and you poor folks probably need your Spencer-what-did-you-do-this-weekend fix.

Yeah. Hardly.

Anyhow, I'm going to tell you anyway, because it was a rather eventful weekend. It was one of those long off-Friday weekends, too.

This weekend started on Thursday. Right after work, I went up to Oceanside and enjoyed some comeradere during a bachelor party. Not mine, but David's. He was getting married on Saturday. So we went to a Hooters, then afterwards (more like, because they had no space for us), we went to Fuddruckers. I have never been to one, and now I can see what I have been mixing. You see, they have this magical device that, when pushed, this yellow elixir of goodness comes out. On the front of said device, it comes adorned with the letters "C H E E S E" and it goes great with my fries.

Friday, that was an interesting day. Let me say, on my laptop--Vista is awesome. Vista on my desktop, for the singular reason that I sync my entire life into Outlook, uhm, not so much. So that morning, I was to recover from an image I made on Wednesday and compute like I never even installed Vista on my desktop.

If only it were that easy. I'll spare you the details, but note that the whole image recovery hinged on updated Symantec software--software which Symantec seemed to turn off the update servers for. Let me just say, thanks goodness for Princeton University.

It didn't help that I had a podiatry appointment later that day and a crazy knee pain like I've never experienced. Thanks to my fiancee, I was able to survive the day.

Saturday came. Let's see. Dropped family off to the airport. Went to the beach for David's wedding, then hung out deep into San Diego's farmlands (yes, they exist) for the rest of the day. The reception was cool. It was understated and the food and air was good.

Sunday. Woke up super late. Made a late breakfast that finished cooking just in time for lunch. Then got stuck in front of the TV watching the Discovery Channel when a friend came over and got stuck in front of the TV watching the Charger game.

So there's the weekend play by play. Now you can go on living.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home