Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sober for one week...not doing so well.

I think my body is going through withdrawals. I have been super tired lately. It's not the lack of sleep. I mean, I know I don't sleep too long, but it's never been like this. Now I am just moping around, waiting for something to happen, all droopy with my hands dragging on the ground. I have been sober for one week.

It was one week ago that I drank my last energy drink.

Now that it's all flushed from my body, I can't help but feel like a large lump of mass set in motion only by gravity and wind. It's not that I can't just go to the store and buy some--I can. It's that the store doesn't have my choice any longer. I am talking about Vault Zero.

Remember years ago, there was this awesome sweet nectar of green bubbles. It was called Surge.

Well, through the years, people have beckoned for its return. Thousands of people have called for it. There have been efforts, actually people doing actual work, to get Surge back. Coca Cola then tested out this green concoction on the east coast. On the west coast, we could only read about it--our mouths dripping with the mouth watering desire that could only be satiated by one (kphssshhhttt) sip (gul-gul-gul-gul-tik-ahhhhhh) of this wonder tonic.

It was called Vault.

And for us diabetics (or people needing to lose weight), Vault Zero was the healthier version.

My girlfriend and I stocked up, purchasing several cases of it from a local grocery store. But we finished it.

And we could no longer find it at the store.

Then there are all these crazy blog entries about the disappearance of Vault Zero.

Noooooo!

Again.

Noooooo!

I had so much planned for you and I. I was thinking about enjoying the sweet crisp taste continuously at LAN parties. I was thinking about sticking the can on my bike frame and quenching my thirst at the end of a long two-mile bike ride. Grabbing you from my center cup holder while parking at the edge of some cliff.

I was even thinking about bringing you to my wedding table, to be enjoyed with my loved one--the first drink to be shared as a couple.

I must get to the bottom of this. Coca Cola must ship more. They must.

They must.


technorati tags:, , ,

Blogged with Flock

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Mendoza said...

Do you want the good the bad and the ugly? They sell Vault zero in the deming stores(good part)bad part is I have never tried it or has it ever called my attention till you mentioned it(bad) and now for the third part. Had some Vault with vodka last night with Jeff and woke up with and ugly hang over.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home