Monday, August 14, 2006

The weekend, in review.

This past weekend was nice. It really was. To add, I even got to do a few things that I meant to do--which is rare. I usually don't stare at my PDA on Saturday and Sunday.

The ceiling removal dude didn't call me back--I don't think I'm going to hire him. I didn't play any video games, which was OK, as I am still on a kick from beating the Matrix game. I still need to go to Costco and also look for where my SLR battery (and 2 GB's of missing compactflash cards are).

Anyhow, on my trek to the wedding, I popped in a CD (Seventh Day Slumber) and found the entire album really good. CD's that are good like that are rare today. There are even some Kutless and Hawk Nelson songs I usually push ">>" on. Seventh Day Slumber is an excellent band if you like the sound of a more agressive Creed meets POD. It's such an excellent sound. It's a band from Texas (what's up with all those great bands from Texas--mm) which is led by a former cocaine addict who almost died from an overdose. Then he saw God. It's really good music.

At any rate, the wedding was nice, in fact, one of the nicer weddings I have attended. I learned a ton about the speaking qualities of many people, including the surprisingly eloquent groom and best man. What was the greatest surprise, however, came from my girlfriend, who was the maid of honor. She was crying and it made everyone cry and people were looking at me, like "What did you do?"

Psht. I don't know. She's all emotional--what was I supposed to do? But it was good.

What else did I do? Oh yeah, I spent about 9 hours reworking my entire website. After letting the site sit all weekend, though, I think I'm going to change it up a little bit more.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home