Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lebanese food--not so much.

I got to meet up with some of my old classmates from decades ago.

OK. More like 1995. But this was before the internet for me, so it may as well be stone age.

Anyhow, we all met up in this little Lebanese place off El Cajon Boulevard. My girlfriend and I ordered a garlic chicken wrap. It sounded good, and the owner recommended it if we're new to Lebanese food. I have had Lebanese food before (more like hummus) from a friend at work. It was OK in small sizes. When we received the wraps--they were huge! And they smelled good.

Then we started to eat. Not bad, not bad.

Then after we had about three bites, I realized it was like a huge wrap of hummus with sprinkles of chicken. Taken in small quantities, I can swing it, but when it's in a huge wrap--it's a bit much.

And when I say the wrap was huge, I mean it was huge. Don't think I am a panzy little eating girly man. I am a big guy who can put down an 8 piece KFC meal. Solo. This was a good size.

So, this is a shot out to that restaurant. They did good in serving it to us, smelling nice and with huge portions. But if you don't like Lebanese food, then don't be stupid like me and go to a Lebanese restaurant and order a garlic chicken wrap.

Spencer out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home